- Filters may become blocked by air pockets over time. To remove blockage, firmly tap and shake filter under running water.
- Only hand wash filter with cold or tepid water. Do not use hot water or detergents when cleaning filter.
- Glass jug may be cleaned in dishwasher.
- Do not put Gentoo Glass jug or filter in freezer or microwave
- Use only ecobud Gentoo replacement filters.
- Do not overfill jug.
- Do not use for long-term storage. Water loses alkalinity when exposed to air. Contents should be consumed within 24 hours.
- Should your Gentoo Glass jug not be used for an extended period of time (e.g. during holidays), it is recommended that you remove the filter cartridge from the jug, discard any water left in the jug, and store in a cool, dry place. Before using your Gentoo Glass jug again, please follow the filter conditioning process, repeating steps if necessary.
- Do not expose filter to liquids other than water.
- ecobud® filters are designed for use only with municipally treated tap water or water from private supplies which have been tested safe to drink.
- ecobud® use granulated activated carbon made from coconut shells. Like any natural product, this is subject to natural variances in product quality. This may lead to slight abrasions of small carbon particles into the filtered water. These present as small black particles. These particles are food grade and will have no negative effect on health if consumed. In the case that these particles appear, ecobud® recommends rinsing and vigorously shaking the filter under running water until the black particles disappear.
- * ecobud® does not warrant individual results as they may vary depending on water quality source.